Professional & Committee Activities
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators:- Member of National Council 1993 -1998. Member of Executive Board and Chairman of Professional Committee 1997-1998. Member of Board of Management and Chairman of Panels Management Group 2008-2010.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, East Anglian Branch, Committee Member 1984 to date,
Hon. Treasurer 1988 - 1989, Hon. Secretary 1989 - 1991, Branch Chairman 1991 - 1993.
- Institution of Civil Engineers, East Anglian Association:- Committee Member 1980 - 1989,
Branch Chairman 1987 - 1988
- Institution of Civil Engineers:- Member of Arbitration Advisory Panel 1999 - 2006, Formerly member of Arbitrators Review Panel and Member of Editorial Board for Management Procurement and Law publication.
- From 1992 - 1994, Member of Building Employers Confederation Contracts Committee and of
the Good Practice Panel of the National Joint Consultative Committee (NJCC) for the
- Trustee and Treasurer, Downing College Boat Club Centenary Trust.
- Member of Executive Committee, Downing College Association, 1999-2002 and 2011-2014.
- Associate Fellow Emeritus, Downing College, Cambridge
- Regular lecturer to professional and other bodies on topics of contract law,
construction contracts, arbitration, adjudication and alternative dispute resolution.
- Tutor/Examiner on several Chartered Institute of Arbitrators courses on Arbitration and Adjudication.
- External Tutor/Examiner, College of Estate Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Arbitration for many years until 2012.
- Tutor/Examiner, RICS Dispute Board Training and Assessment course.
- Tutor/Examiner, Adjudication Conversion Course jointly organised in Dublin by RIAI, Engineers Ireland, CIArb, ACEI and SCSI
| Home |